AUDIT INSPECTOR: IT FOCUS
JHB East, Johannesburg – Gauteng
AUDIT INSPECTOR: IT FOCUS
CA WITH IT AUDIT EXPERIENCE
REMUNERATION: Highly competitive salary and other attractive
Join a dynamic team of inspectors within the auditing space and play a part in protecting the public and integrity of the profession by
contributing your combined external audit and Information Technology (IT) audit
experience, performing robust inspections of audit firms’ quality control systems and
- CA (SA) who trained in public practice (external audit) with at least 6 years post
- qualification experience in external statutory audits.
- RA registration / Eligibility to register as an RA is advantageous.
- Private sector / IFRS audit experience essential.
- At a minimum, a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification with full
- ISACA membership (CPD up to date).
- At least 5 years IT Audit related experience within an external audit firm.
- Quality control reviews or audit technical support advantageous.
- Minimum at a Senior Manager or equivalent position in an auditing environment.
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience in auditing and financial reporting
- Be able to critically analyse the performance of Information Technology General Controls
- and Application control audits against information technology industry standards and
- International Standards on Auditing (ISA).
- The candidate should also have a good understanding of current and emerging
- technologies used in the audit process for risk assessment and/or to gather audit
- evidence (e.g., data query and analysis, automation and robotics technologies,
- blockchain technologies).
- Require an understanding and appreciation of the role in protecting the investing
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Participating in the team planning and scoping of risk-based inspections.
- Inspecting planned audit engagements and firms’ quality control policies and procedures;
- discussing findings; consulting and preparing high quality reports in a timely manner.
- Preparing high quality inspection files with evidence of inspections in a timely manner.
- Participating in relevant projects of the company in fulfilling its mandate. Responsible for
- inspecting audit engagements and firms’ quality control policies and procedures,
- discussing findings, and preparing reports.
- Responsible to critically analyse the performance of Information Technology General
- Controls and Application control audits against information technology audit standards
- and International Standards on Auditing (ISA).
- Contribute/Champion inspections processes on current and emerging technologies used
- in the audit process for risk assessment and/or to gather audit evidence (e.g. data query
- and analysis technologies, automation and robotics technologies, blockchain
- technologies etc.)
- Support the Inspections Department on IT audit related matters during its inspection of
- Responsible for keeping up to date with the latest accounting and auditing standards and
- the practical implementation thereof
- Unquestionable integrity and objectivity.
- A keen interest in IT technology within the modern auditing process.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a high level of ethics.
- Ability to cope with confrontational situations and remain objective.
- Ability to give and accept constructive criticism in a professional manner.
- Lateral thinker – for example the ability to consider how an error or weakness identified
- can impact other areas of the audit or the financial statements.
- Excellent knowledge of the latest professional standards and pronouncements.
- A keen interest in auditing and the technical aspects of auditing.
- Comfortable in a digital world when working or inspecting relevant areas using IT/IS.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Professional maturity and attitude.
- Deadline driven with high levels of accuracy.
- Excellent time management skills.
- High level of maturity, self-motivated and able to work both alone and in a team.
- This is an out-of-office position as inspections are mostly performed at the premises of
auditors or remotely as required. Due to the nature of the job, the incumbent will sometimes have to travel outside of the Gauteng province.
Please Note – Should you not receive feedback within 3 months, please consider your application as unsuccessful.