Creative Team Lead – Durban South Coast
Sales / Marketing / Communications
Durban South Coast, Durban – KwaZulu Natal
CREATIVE TEAM LEAD – Marketing
Permanent in KZN
SALARY : Maket related
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS: The Creative Team Lead assumes responsibility for the creative outputs of the Graphic Design team and the creative work coming out of the Group Marketing department, maintaining standards for all design aspects and upholding the brand integrity of the various brands in the group through effective management of the design team.
- Providing leadership, motivation and mentoring to the Graphic Design team with a view to aligning them with departmental goals and ensuring they work together as a high-performing design team.
- Ensuring that our brands remain innovative and current, positioning our various brands ahead of our competition and adhering to our internal best practice standards.
- Supporting the Management of the Marketing department to ensure that the output from the Graphic Design team is cutting-edge, efficient and consistent with the Brands across all marketing channels and collateral.
- Managing all aspects of creative direction and designs in collaboration with the communications team.
- Working from internal briefs to generate ideas/concepts to implement and produce effective creative outputs in line with company and/or entity strategic objectives.
- Communicating and clarifying creative briefs, concepts and ultimate objectives to the Graphic Design team as well as setting and managing expectations around work allocation and deadlines
- Mentoring, supporting and providing leadership to the team of Graphic Designers to ensure their design output meets the intended strategic objective of the project or tasks, and that they are leveraging current tools and processes to support departmental goals
- Driving initiatives to ensure that the Graphic Design team remain current and up to date with the latest skills and trends in the Graphic Design arena.
- Supporting Graphic Designers to manage their time effectively in order to meet the demanding requirements of the business and meet their performance metrics.
- Quality control of all Graphic Design team creative outputs in line with brand standards and desired objectives- including proofing and reviewing deliverables and project processes.
- 5+ Years experience in an in-house corporate or agency marketing/design department
- Graphic Design and/or Marketing management qualification including equivalent experience
- Ability to represent and communicate art direction with supporting data/strategy
- Expert level in InDesign, Adobe Illustrator Adobe Photoshop & PowerPoint
- Extensive experience with stakeholder management including pitching concepts to multiple and varied stakeholders
- Previous experience managing a team including managing projects to meet objectives and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- The qualified & experienced candidate needs to be:
l Super Creative l Artistic l Dynamic l Innovative l Performance driven l Resourceful l Self Starter
Should you be interested in applying for this position, and you meet the minimum requirements, then we invite you to APPLY below.
Note :Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within 14 days of your application, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.