JOB TITLE: Finance Manager – Donor Funds
LOCATION : Centurion
DEPARTMENT /UNIT: Finance and Corporate Services
REPORTING LINE: Director of Finance and Corporate Services
CONTRACTUAL STATUS: Two years
JOB PURPOSE / SCOPE
To manage donor funds in accordance with donor contracts. An experienced Finance
manager is required to fulfil the duties and obligations of financial management and control
of donor funds.
ACCOUNTABILITY / RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Note: The following Key Performance Areas and job activities are not exhaustive. Higher
Health may instruct the employee to carry out additional duties or responsibilities, which fall
within the ambit of the job or in accordance with operational requirements.
• Prepare financial statements, business activity reports, and financial forecasts.
• Ensure that the organization’s financial records and recordkeeping methods are
following applicable standards and regulations.
• Manage employees and contractors who are responsible for budgeting.
• Periodically review the organization’s financial reports and identify opportunities for cost reduction.
• Analyse data and advise top management on how to maximize return on investment.
• Analyse market trends and identify opportunities for growth/expansion.
• Give interim approval to expenditures.
• Provide guidance to non-financial managers on donor fund financial rules and regulations.
• Improve business processes by development of automated expense allocation protocols.
• Contribute to the preparation of annual financial statements and monthly management accounts.
• Reconciliation of donor fund activities and expenditures to the cash and bank accounts of the organisation.
• Contribute to an ethical business culture and environment by strict adherence to laws and regulations of the company and society in general.
The position is set in the parameters of the Finance and Corporate Services and reports to the Director of Finance and Corporate Services within the Structure (amended from time to time).
TALENT MANAGEMENT POSITIONING
The position has a potential to be increased in responsibility and / or progression in terms of its scope. Training & Development may be provided if required. COMPETENCIES / SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE INDICATIONS QUALIFICATION(S):
A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or business administration is required.
SAICA, CPA or ACCA professional
Five or more years’ experience as a finance manager is required.
Project management experience.
Professionalism and ethics, Governance, risk, and control, Stakeholder relationship management, Leadership and management skills, Corporate reporting, Sustainable management accounting in a donor funded environment, Financial management, Communication skills.