IT – Senior Account Manager – Johannesburg
Sales / Marketing / Communications
JHB South, Johannesburg – Gauteng
Senior Account Manager – Information Technology JHB
Permanent – Hybrid
SALARY : market related
A Senior Account Manager must have a knowledge of IT and preferably IT solutions. They should be able to develop and implement strategic plans within their account base, managing and building the key relationships within this base. They should know all key personnel within ALL of the customers they are responsible for.
The Senior Account Manager should be close enough to the client that knowledge of the client’s budget is disclosed, and a roadmap is shared with them.
The Senior AM must be able to work well with the internal admin staff who will do their run rate quotations and must be able to interact with the other divisions in our organization in particular the technical team with whom they will work extremely closely.
The Senior AM’s will also be responsible for collection of debtors and a deal will not be deemed to be closed until the money is in the bank.
They must be adept at new corporate customer acquisition as new business is key in this role and they should also be able to manage and develop the depth within their existing customer base.
The Senior AM must be accomplished at closing deals within all of their customers.
Annuity revenue is a key growth area in our business and as such the Senior AM joining us should have this annuity mindset.
Excellent communication, both verbal and written is key in this role as you will be an ambassador for the company out there with suppliers, vendors and customers.
We are passionate about our brand, and we expect that those who join have the same passion for the business.
Excellent customer service is key to our business and as such, the Senior AM joining our business must have this mindset if they are to be successful in our organization.
- New Business acquisition
- Following up on leads from the Vendors/Distributors/clients and winning new business
- Developing and implementing strategic plans to manage and grow accounts
- Retaining clients and building strong, trusting relationships
- Price negotiation with suppliers
- Drafting of proposals with assistance from technical
- Vendor engagement
- Understanding the client’s business challenges and finding solutions for them
- Providing excellent customer service and ensuring client satisfaction
- Communicating with internal teams to deliver service to all clients
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in client portfolio
- Developing product knowledge on all core business supported products
- Developing knowledge of our business offerings
Experience with Business Development, Account management at a Senior level
Strong customer service history
Excellent communication skills
Highly organized and solution orientated
Detail orientated and able to prioritize
Self-starter and must be able to work efficiently under pressure
Work from home/office in a hybrid model
Strong base of clients with existing relationships