Marketing OfficerR550 000p/a CTCILLOVO JHB
The Company, a state-owned company, is the only short-term insurer in South Africa that provides affordable voluntary cover against special risks such as civil commotion, public disorder, strikes, riots and terrorism to any individual, business, government, or corporate entity that has assets in South Africa.
The Company has a dual mandate – legislative mandate that directs our day-to-day business operations, and a broader strategic mandate, like any other business in South Africa, to make a positive contribution to transforming our industry and our country, to make our country a better place for all her people.
Job summary statement/purpose
To assist in the implementation of broad-based marketing initiatives.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Drafting of Marketing Material
- Prepare corporate communication material for review by the Marketing manager.
- Develop and implement information documents/brochures/pamphlets for product and/or services for review.
- Assist with research mainly desk top research.
2. Events Coordination and management
- Offer full scale support to all events as follows:
- Manage smaller events, including invitation development, event coordination, budget management and total event management.
- Assist with the coordination of big events as determined by the Marketing manager in line with the Executive Manager Stakeholder Management
- Assist any other division with branding of their events or work including branding of marketing materials, functions etc.
3. Corporate communication
- Ensure population of the intranet with relevant information.
- Draft internal and external newsletters for review.
- Assisting in ensuring speedy sign-off of articles, keep an archive of all articles, press releases and electronic interview material).
- Monitor adherence to the communication matrix.
4. Internal Marketing
- Provide support to all divisions in any marketing related initiatives.
- Ensure staff participation in internal events.
- Assist with the employee survey on effectiveness of internal marketing and general employee wellness surveys.
5. Create brand and product awareness
- Source relevant promotional items.
- Manage the stock inventory i.e., updating the stock book and stock take and keeping records of all stock disbursements.
6. Perform ad hoc tasks
- Perform and reasonable tasks in line with the role, as and when required by the Line Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma/ bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Marketing and Communication
- Good knowledge of marketing principles
- Proven track record in coordination of marketing initiatives, including events
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability to interact at all levels
- Good time management skills
- Good networking skills
- Good computer skills
Attributes and Values:
- Customer service driven
- Team player
- Maintain confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage own time and ensure that deadlines are met with limited supervision
- Honesty and Integrity
- Customer Centric
Location of the role
The role will be in Illovo, Johannesburg.
Should you not hear anything from us within a month of closing, consider your application unsuccessful