Regional Manager – North West
Finance ~ Management
North West Province
Salary – Market Related
REPORTS TO: DIVISIONAL EXECUTIVE: SME AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
1.1 Screening and Processing of Enquiries and Applications
Effectively screen, prepare and refer quality applications to Funds in line with the company’s mandate and turnaround times.
1.2 Management of pipeline
Ensuring that all applications received are screened; declined or withdrawn in no more than 5 days on CRM.
1.3 Queries & Complains plus Effective Client Communication
- • Limit formal complaints on all received applications to no more that 3% of total applications screened for the period.
- • Ensure that acknowledgement letters are sent to clients within 3 days.
1.4 Approvals of Applications
- • Ensure that majority of packaged applications that were referred to the Funds should be approved by an Investment Committee;
- • At least 50% of approved deals must have been presented by the Regional Manager to an Investment Committee.
1.5 Commitments and Disbursements of approved
- • Help ensure that deals approved are committed within required turnaround times.
- • Help ensure that deals approved and committed are disbursed to clients within required turnaround times
2. MAXIMIZING THE EMPOWERMENT DIVIDEND
Invest in Black empowered businesses that have high employment creating opportunities
2.1 Increase participation of Black Women in the Economy
Ensure that at least 40% of total deals approved should be owned and managed by Black Women.
3. OPTIMISING NON-FINANCIAL SUPPORT
- • Effective marketing of the Regional Office by facilitating & coordinating events and presentation in the Province and Activities should be captured in Quarterly Report;
- • Update Regional Strategy annually;
- • Ensure that the company’s culture is replicated in the Regional Office.
FINANCIAL EFFECIENCY & SUSTAINABILITY
4.1 Regional Portfolio Monitoring
Conduct Post Investment Unit monitoring and reporting of allocated portfolio of investments in your Province under the supervision of the Senior Post Investment Associate and Post Investment Manager as per agreed outputs.
4.2 Empowerment Dividend
Ensure 100% submission of Empowerment Dividend questionnaires are returned by investees withing agreed upon timelines, including accuracy thereof.
4.3 Credit Control and Impairments
- • Assist in completing the Portfolio Impairments model on a quarterly basis.
- • Work closely with the Legal Department on litigation matters with a view to maximising legal collections and bring these matters to closure.
- • Ensure that you meet your collection and impairment rates targets per year
5. INTERNAL PROCESSES PERSPECTIVE
5.1 Operate within allocated budget
Expenses at allocated budget should not be exceeded.
5.2 Adherence to Systems and Procedures and management responsibilities
- • 100% of suppliers engaged should have proper documentation and processes followed;
- • Managed all existing Contracts and SLA’s.
5.3 Leadership – Administration
Provide effective administrative leadership in the office.
6. LEARNING AND GROWTH
- • Developing self; ad hoc tasks, capacity building and special projects in the region;
- • Completion and adherence to Personal Development Plan. Attitude and willingness to learn.
- B Com, B Com (Hons), CFA, CA (SA), MBA, B. Engineering
- Post graduate degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Tax, and/or Auditing
- • Have a working knowledge of SA Corporate law including the Companies Act,
- • Minimum of five years’ experience in the SME funding environment, venture capital and/or development finance arenas,
- • Sound technical and industry knowledge of the SME environment,
- • Well-developed business networks and proven ability to generate deal flow,
- • Strong technical and industry knowledge of the BBB-EE financing market including understanding of evolution of BBB-EE financing and BBB-EE Codes of Good Practice,
- • Working knowledge of BBB-EE financing structures, equity investments and mezzanine financing structures,
- • Some understanding of corporate finance disciplines such as valuation techniques,
- • Working knowledge of financing documents such as sale and purchase agreement and shareholders agreements,
- • Strong credit and risk analysis skills,
- • Previous experience in managing people / professional teams,
- • Well-developed presentation, written and verbal communication skills,
- • Strong inter-personal skills,
- • Strong organizational and strategic orientation,
- • Experience in development and implementation of strategic and business plans.
- • Previous experience in managing an SME financing business Unit as well as a corporate finance business unit within a development finance environment.
- Protect and Enhance the organisations Reputation
- Execute at Speed with respect to recruitment
- Meeting Customer Needs
- Quality Conscious
- Managing Relationships
- Analysis and Judgment
- Open and Effective Communication
- Information seeking
- Critical thinking
- Planning and organizing
- Project management
- Process orientation
- Attention to detail
Please Note: Should you not receive feedback within 3 months, please consider your application as unsuccessful.