Sales Consultant – Durban (Riverhorse Valley)
Sales / Marketing / Communications
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
Sales Consultant – Durban (Riverhorse Valley)
R13 000p/m – R20 000p/m + Comm + Travel + Cellphone Allowance
The sales consultant role is centred on generating sales for the business, and ensuring all related processes run smoothly so that our client’s needs are fulfilled.
Sales targets are met:-
- The companies sales processes is followed, and sales dialogue focuses on client needs over “product” features.
- Sales volumes are to be achieved in accordance with the targets to be discussed with potential candidate.
- Pipeline is managed with sufficient deals in all sales stages (so the sales, sales targets, seat costs, commissions and sales bonusses may be managed effectively).
Primary responsibility of the sales consultant
- The role of the sales consultant is firstly to understand, comprehend and grasp all of the services and “products” that the company has on offer to the market. Training will be given to the successful candidate upon joining the company.
- The sales consultant must understand how to research, find and assimilate leads, prospects and potential customers in format that leads to high sales activity and high sales closure.
- The sales consultant must be able to demonstrate superior skills with regards the generation and prospecting of new leads/prospects.
- The sales consultant must ensure that new business appointments are made daily. New business appointments will be conducted by virtue of face-to-face meetings with prospects and potential customers.
- The sales consultants must be able to research, learn and understand the Racking, shelving and mezzanine floor industry including the following aspects:
- Industrial and retail racking and shelving systems
- Mezzanine flooring
- Complete ecosystem of industrial and retail storage products
- Complete ecosystem of material handling products
- Measuring and calculating of specific technical client requirements in respect of racking, shelving, and mezzanine flooring (warehouses, factories, retail stores, etc.)
- The supply and installation, after-sales support as well as product maintenance methodologies
- Utilising CAD for designing and drawing of customers order specifications.
- The sales consultant will source new clients and opportunities and managing the sales process from start to finish.
- The sales consultant must demonstrate advanced product knowledge of the companies products and services to potential customers, prospects, clients as well as the company’s internal stakeholders.
- The sales consultant will ensure that all potential customers, leads, and prospect information is updated on the company’s CRM system and database
- The sales consultant will provide management with weekly and monthly reports on all sales activity
- The sales consultant will ensure that he/she meets with potential customers’ requests, requirements and needs to drive and increase the company’s sales.
- The sales consultant will adhere to all company policies and procedures
- The sales consultant will collaborate with all other employees, managers, and directors to ensure that the company remains relevant in its client base and market niche.
- The sales consultant will follow up with any client queries diligently and efficiently
- The sales consultant will utilise technology to his/her advantage where necessary to enhance the company image and to drive sales
- The sales consultant will also aid on all ad-hoc and additional tasks requested by management as and when required. This will include training, learning and development, research, engaging with internal and external stakeholders and parties of the company as well as beyond the normal day-to-day sales consultant
Knowledge and experience
- Very good understanding of sales cycles, sales stages, pipeline management and conversion ratios
- Ability to analyse a market and identify sales opportunities
- Excellent sales skills
- Good computer literacy in Microsoft Office and smart mobile devices
- Matric is mandatory
- Valid drivers license and own vehicle
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a successful salesperson with industrial racking, shelving, and mezzanine flooring industry (RSM industry)
- Extensive coldcalling
- Ability to source new transactions/deals on a continuous basis
- Schedule first and follow up meetings with potential clients/prospects
- Provide all the technical expertise in creating a solution for the potential clients/prospects.
- Ability to analyse, assess, translate, design and structure a solution for a prospect in a format that is acceptable
- Ability to utilize CAD software
- Ability to create a bill of materials
- Ability to negotiate with the companies executives
- Post sales servicing to clients
- Ability to build deep market and client relationships
- Ability to mine and service and extensive client base and to grow the companies client base