Senior Database Administrator
SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
SALARY – R660 000 PER ANNUM
Reports to – ICT Operations Manager
Department – Information Communications and Technology
The purpose of this job is to design, support and maintain all new and existing database infrastructure within Information Communications and Technology
- Microsoft SQL Administration/Support only and Microsoft Databases
- Must be able to engage on a project level, Will be required to work with various portfolios, operations and to work with Project team
- The junior DBA reports to the Senior DBA
- This is not a development position, however the Senior DBA will be required to provide support
- A minimum of 5 years plus
- 5 Years plus solid working Database administration experience is required
- Must be Microsoft Certified in the following – MCP, MCIP, SQL (from 2019 onwards, from 2019 or more recent, not older versions), with an NQF Level 7 Degree
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Maintenance and Support:
• Database administration, maintenance, backups, restores, performance tuning, security and troubleshooting are key performance areas.
• Provide proactive performance monitoring and capacity planning for future database and server growth projections.
• Perform database installations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations according to SQL best practices.
• Take part in enterprise projects and perform project management tasks to ensure that all requirements are provided on schedule and in accordance with specifications.
• Develop and maintain database documentation.
High availability and Disaster Recovery:
• Develop, maintain, perform, and test database backup and recovery strategies and procedures.
• Oversee tasks of other DBAs in the team and report on database health daily for the environment.
• Research, and evaluate new database trends and technologies and provide best practices and recommendations.
• Work with other teams or third-party service providers on ICT projects.
• Design and implement databases per business information needs and requirements.
• Define users and groups and enable data distribution to the right user.Development / Maintenance
• Familiarity with programming languages API
• Working knowledge of understanding of T-SQL & SSIS/ETL.
• Support both internal and externally developed systems & processes with other IT support teams.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 5 years of database administration experience
• ICT relevant qualification (NQF Level 7) or equivalent qualification
• Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MSITP) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) in the field of Microsoft SQL Server is required.
o MS SQL 2016 – 2019
o Windows 2016 – 2022
• ITIL / COBIT Foundation certification
• PowerShell proficiency
• Power BI experience
• Working knowledge of high-availability data solutions (e.g., AlwaysOn) and being able to deploy, maintain and support them.
• Working knowledge of disaster recovery processes, recoveries, and restores is required.
• Experience in selecting the most optimal Microsoft SQL licensing structure.
• Experience in designing SQL Databases
• Experience in SQL Migrations
• Experience in Microsoft programming languages API’s
• Microsoft Cloud Database Certifications e.g. Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate
Please Note- If you have not received feedback within 3 months, please consider your application as unsuccessful.