SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR – UMHLANGA
Umhlanga, Durban – KwaZulu Natal
SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Internal Auditor to join their dynamic team
To evaluate the system of internal controls, and assess the effectiveness of risk management, and provide management with reasonable assurance thereof; and provide advisory/value-added
services to business units. Provide quality internal audit, risk assessment and advisory services.
Execute Internal Audit Assignments
1. Perform and evaluate control adequacy and effectiveness reviews of business processes.
2. Perform ad hoc assignments (management requests/ project assurance, etc.).
3. Prepare project planning documentation.
4. Prepare audit programs for execution, including continuous audits.
5. Prepare audit working papers.
6. Perform follow-up audits and monitoring of outstanding audit findings.
7. Align audit assignments and scope with external auditors to optimize audit coverage to prevent duplication.
B. Prepare internal audit reports
1. Document and report control deficiencies/audit findings and recommendations and discuss these with the internal audit manager and divisional/senior management.
2. Prepare draft audit reports for discussion with appropriate levels of management.
C. Prepare internal audit plan
1. Assist with preparing annual internal audit plan and 3-year rolling internal audit strategy, for
approval by the audit committee.
D. Manage relationships with stakeholders
1. Deliver professional advisory services to clients and develop relationship
2. Maintain contact with clients and ensure that they derive value from internal audit
3. Advocate a combined assurance model (includes working with external auditors, risk and
other assurance providers).
E. Values and Self Development
1. Align personal values to company values
2. Seek opportunities for personal development
• A completed degree in Internal Audit or other assurance qualification.
• Preferred: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation (or studying towards CIA)
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in Auditing
• Preferred: 3 years Internal Audit experience in the Financial Services sector
If you meet the criteria fully then Glenda welcomes you to apply
If you do not hear from me within 2 weeks, kindly consider your application not successful. You can still apply for future vacancies that you are suitable for.