Senior Investment Associate – Jhb North
JHB North, Johannesburg – Gauteng
Senior Investment Associate
4 Months Fixed Term Contract
Salary Package – Market Related
TURNAROUNDS, WORKOUTS AND RESTRUCTURING
- Restructure the exposure of clients that are experiencing financial difficulties where such businesses have long-term financial viability and where liquidation is not a beneficial solution.
- Restructure the companies and reduce the significant impairments and / or write-offs.
- Establish the nature of the problem and develop a restructuring plan.
- Review and monitor the businesses financial performance.
- Review and monitor the collections.
- Interface with other stakeholders for decision making.
- Develop the turnaround strategies.
- Monitor the implementation of the turnaround plan.
- Introduce investors or strategic partners into a business that is facing financial difficulties where such investors or strategic partners can add value and turnaround the company.
- Attend to all business rescue proceedings and advice on the acceptance of the business rescue plan.
- Monitor the implementation of the Business Rescue Plan.
- Ensure that early warnings signs and other key risks factors are proactively identified.
- Follow up and implement the recommendations of the internal and external audit findings.
- Prepare a restructuring proposal.
- Present the proposal to relevant credit committees for approval.
Monitor the restructured portfolio and IA’s output
- Manage/ monitor the non-performing loans until these loans have been rehabilitated or until the non-performing loans have been transferred to Legal.
- Oversee the output and quality of work of the various IA’s in TWR and ensure that transactions are managed well and actioned timeously.
- 5 years’ experience in corporate restructurings and turnarounds
- Credit experience is essential, including corporate restructurings and financial analysis.
- Practical thinker
- Problem solver
- Must have run a business before and have practical business skills
- Results orientated
- Strong work ethic
- Willing to work in a very high-pressure environment
- Efficient with quick turnaround times
- Business turnaround or restructuring skills
- Independent Business Review
- Short term cash flow reviews
- Financial Restructuring
- Financial analysis skills
- Operational turnarounds
- Experience in Business Rescue (Chapter 6 of Companies Act 2008)
- Financial modelling skills
- Working capital and cash management
- Report writing skills
- Negotiation skills
- CA (SA) or BCom Accounting with postgraduate degree e.g. BCompt (Honours) or a relevant 4-year financial tertiary education or equivalent.
- The ability to plan, organise, lead and control in the work environment to achieve the business objectives
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently at all levels in the organisation
- The ability to negotiate with role players and arrive at a win-win situation in the best interest of the organisation and the negotiating party
- The ability to understand the problem/situation, evaluate alternatives and take timely action, which will enhance the performance of the organisation
- The ability to plan and execute projects
- The ability to analyse the position of a business related to the financial position and business viability to enable appraisal of the business for purposes of future existence and requirements in terms of business and economic viability
- The ability to utilise the correct computer software and the relevant functionality applicable to the outcomes required
- The ability to interact with people at all levels in the organisation
- The ability to compile a business proposal inclusive of the business case and financial model and motivation for the pursuance of the business venture
- The ability to restructure debt to ensure maximum benefit to all stakeholders involved
- Innovation and idea generation
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to think strategically and “out of the box”
- Highly motivated and confident individual
- Proven ability to multitask and ensure effective delivery of the priorities to meet targets and objectives and able to work effectively under pressure
Please Note: Should you not receive feedback within 3 months, please consider your application as unsuccessful.