STRATEGIC FINANCIAL PLANNING
STRATEGIC FINANCIAL PLANNING
3 MONTHS FIXED TERM CONTRACT, RENEWABLE UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
SALARY – MARKET RELATED
The successful candidate will lead both the FM & the SFP departments
Please note that the below which are non-negotiable: –
- Qualified CA
- Post Graduate Qualification will be an added advantage
- 10-12 years’ experience in the required discipline
- Candidate must have hands on experience in finance
- Proven track record of leading and developing teams
- Knowledge of IFRS, Tax, Auditing and PFMA
Duration: 3 Months – renewable until we fill the positions
Department – Finance and Funding/Financial Management
- Reports to the CFO
To provide overall leadership and management of the strategic financial planning department, including participation in strategy formulation, implementation for the financial management strategy and monitoring, evaluation and continuing reporting to various committees and stakeholders.
- Manage and coordinate the five-year Financial Planning process in support of the Corporate Plan for the company
- Manage and coordinate the Operational Budgeting and engage business to ensure bottom-up approach for each budget year
- Ensure maintenance of validity, accuracy and relevance of Financial Models for Financial Planning models in line with changes in Accounting Standards and Tax Laws
- Ensure financial soundness of all inputs and decisions through engagement with relevant stakeholders in Financial Plan formulation; decisions in Financial Planning to maintain Financial Sustainability
- Provide accurate and timely financial service including setting and monitoring of budgets, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management and financial accounts and advice and support to inform decision making at all levels
- Participate in strategy formulation and implementation for the Financial Management Strategy.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are adhered to i.e., national treasury reporting
- Effectively formulate and implement systems and procedures to ensure compliance and provide innovative solutions to take the business forward
- Provide effective management and leadership to direct reports and the team
- Ensure that there are no significant new or repeat audit findings
Define and implement strategic objectives of the department
Corporate Strategic Alignment
- Provide all relevant governance structures with financial information for decision making.
Continuously exhibits and drives key behaviours
- Create stakeholder relationships.
- Optimise service delivery in a manner that address stakeholder needs,
- Build a network of relationships, across functions, to achieve goals and objectives.
Formulate solutions and provide required support for client requests and challenges.
Learning & Growth
- Ensure the effective management of human resources in the department, including leadership, motivation and development thereof.
- Protect the interest and welfare of employees and establish suitable communication lines with them in line with Human Capital Policies
- Oversee the implementation of talent management initiatives within the department (Employee Engagement, Mentoring and Coaching, Employment Equity and Succession Management)
- Provide clear leadership and foster a team culture consistent with the corporate values.
- Lead the transformation and empowerment of individuals within the department.
- Drive a culture of high performance and facilitate skills and knowledge transfer
- Generate ideas for improvement of cross functional processes or resolving of complex problems.
- Research for best practice measures both locally and internationally
Take responsibility for personal development and growth
- Qualified as a CA with strong technical expertise
Knowledge and Experience:
- Preferably 10 -12 or more years’ relevant experience in field of discipline.
- Candidate must have hands on experience in finance and an appreciation of the role of the company
- Proven Management Experience.
- Knowledge of IFRS, Tax, Auditing and PFMA.
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong financial statement analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels
- Ability to forge relationships with other areas of the business and at all levels
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of integrity
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint at an advance level
- Practical knowledge of SAP will be an added advantage
- Decisiveness in Execution
- People Engagement
- Communication and Engagement
- Diverse Stakeholder Management
- Change leadership
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Mind Set
- Analytical Thinking
- Commercial Acumen
- Communication & Influence
- Relationship Building
- Problem Solving
- Operating within a multi-cultural environment
- Political Awareness
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Conflict Management
- Negotiating and influencing
Please Note – If you have not received feedback with One Month, please consider your application as unsuccessful.